Handmade Resin Dice
100% Unique Polyhedral Dice Sets - Crafted in the U.S.A.
Welcome! I'm not going to be able to make many new sets this winter, but feel free to contact me to discuss any commissions!
- Find more frequent videos of my process on Twitter and Instagram, @polliadesign
- If you want to buy a set listed as out of stock, contact me and request it!
- I am available for custom commissions - contact me about those, too!
- Want to know more about these dice? Check the FAQ below!
Handmade Dice FAQs
Actually, they should be MORE expensive considering the amount of time they take to make. If you haven't watched the process video, it should clear a few things up. Obviously there are many other mass produced dice sets out there that you can buy for $15 or less, but that's the thing--they're mass produced. The dice you'll find here (and by other similarly priced dicemakers) are created by an artist's literal hands, and carefully designed and executed with care and skill.
Your new dice will be shipped to you SUPER padded. Each individual die will be wrapped in a protective pad so there's no chance their sharp corners will scratch each other in transit. All those wrapped dice will be inside a nice black drawstring pouch (which you can use to hold your dice in the future), then all this will be tucked inside a padded mailing envelope.
The shipping speed will be up to you in check out.
As balanced as a handmade thing can get. The polyhedral mold masters were built (by me) in CAD as perfect symmetrical shapes. In the casting and curing process, I use a pressure pot to eliminate any bubbles in the resin so the die itself is solid resin and evenly weighted. But can I guarantee perfect, PERFECT balance? No. But with normal use, you won't notice a balance issue.
Me personally? Frankly, not often. I'd love to play more, but I spend so much dang time art-ing that there's not a ton of time left for long campaigns. I am a designer first, and I came to the handmade dice world through my husband, who does play D&D regularly, and who benefits immensely from my adding dice to my portfolio.
Almost always, yes! I make pendant necklaces, and I often make them in the same batch of resin as the dice, so they look themetically the same. This is on purpose so that if you want to purchase a matching pendant for your dice set, you can! Make sure to request this if you're asking for a restock and you want one!
Follow me on Twitter and Instagram, both @polliadesign. Mainly twitter. I'll post pictures of finished sets just after posting them here. While I list some sets on Etsy, I always post to this site first, and you'll save a little money buy purchasing here since I don't have to worry about etsy fees.
Standard Size or Petite?
- "Petite" Dice are slightly (about 10%) smaller than my standard dice. They're not quite "mini," in fact they're close to the size you would find in some metal dice... except of course they're not as heavy as metal.
- Petite dice dimensions (face to opposite face): D20: 19.4mm D6: 13.7mm
- Dice without any other size descriptor are my standard size, close to pretty much all other standard dice you'd find anywhere. Both dice sizes include a Pollia-Berry logo in the 20 spot on the D20.
- Standard dice dimensions : D20: 21.5mm D6: 14.9mm
- (And for those dying to know, my beer dice are 15.5 mm, a smidge larger than the standard d6.)